- Formação em Permacultura
- Permaculture Design Course - May
Permaculture Design Course - May
With Sílvia Floresta, Orlando Pereira
Application form; forms.gle/hnXh6p5Sz34MANT88
Date: 15th to 27th May 2023
Time: 8:30 am to 6:30 pm | Dinner at 8pm
Location: Sintra - Portugal
- More than 100h of training / 40% of classes are practical
- Hot shower - WiFi access
- Vegetarian meals
- Possibility of walking on the trail to the waterfall where we can dive and swim, walk on Penedo do Lexim or Granja dos Serrões - Lush landscapes of the West - Family and welcoming atmosphere
- Campfire circles, music, joy and love
Stay: Free Camping Scheme | All camping equipment is the responsibility of the participant
Stay at Bell Tent | Value €160 (shared tent) There is the possibility of bringing your products to sell as long as they respect the principles; ecological, artisanal, natural, integral, organic, etc. 15% of the sales value is directed to the Aldeia do Vale project.
The Permaculture Design Course - PDC is an intensive immersion in the Permaculture universe. This course is intended to support students in developing an ecological language, an understanding of the basic principles of ecological and regenerative design, with the application of this knowledge to redesign communities and human settlements according to the rules of nature. The main objective of this design course is to develop effective design skills through the practical application of knowledge and tools. This is the opportunity to learn through participation in a true community design process.
The Course will take place at the Aldeia do Vale , between Sintra and Mafra and follows the traditional format of 2 weeks (intensive) with 1 free day (over 100 hours) created by Bill Mollison, combining practical classes (40%), theoretical, field trips, interactive games, dynamic activities, sharing of experiences, community living and much more. This format allows you to dive into the design principles in Permaculture, which will be applied and presented by students in the final design work. To be entitled to the certificate, participants will have to attend 80% of the course. This course is based on the 14 chapters of the book Permaculture : A Designers Manual by Bill Mollison. Some of the topics to be covered in this course:
- Permaculture principles and ethics;
- Read the landscape. Observation of nature's patterns and cycles;
- Principles of ecosystems, climate and biogeography applied in Permaculture;
- Design Principles: Analysis process, zones, energy efficient plan, etc.;
- Resource identification. Water in the surroundings, collection and conservation of water, solar energy, etc.;
- Building healthy soil: base of soil structure, texture, etc. Strategies for soil improvement using green manures, compost, mulch, erosion control;
- Establishing a vegetable garden in Permaculture, food forests
- how to select and maintain these systems. “How to produce more food in less space” (bio-intensive method);
- Collection and conservation of seeds; - Wind / fire barriers design;
- Healthy dwellings / shelters: selecting a place for the house. Non-toxic materials. Natural building systems;
- Appropriate technologies: Compost toilets, solar dehydrators, clay ovens and stoves (Cob), alternative energies, material recycling;
- Introduction to the design of sustainable communities and eco-villages. Group organization systems. Alternative economy, strategies for a global nation.
To formalize the registration and guarantee your place, you must make a transfer to IBAN: PT50 0035 0630 0000 0288 7009 8 | BIC / SWIFT: CGDIPTPL | Sílvia Barbosa | Aldeia do Vale, 676.50€ with ref. Pdc Aldeia do Vale.Proof submission is mandatory to attach to the registration form to the email firstname.lastname@example.org If you need other way to transfer the fee, please contact us by email.SEND PROOF DIRECT FROM YOUR EMAIL.BANK EMAILS DO NOT OPEN.YOU CAN PAY THE TRAINING IN PARCELS SEND EMAIL TO ECOALDEIADOVALE@GMAIL.COM AND TALK TO US.
Or just make your order here at the website
Hug and see you soon